capitalone.com/activate – Guide to Activate Capital One Credit Card OnlineCredit Card
How to Activate a Capital One Credit Card:
As an American Bank holding organization, the Capital One Financial Corporation specializes in the financial sector of Savings Accounts, Vehicle Loans, Banking, and Credit Cards. The organization had its Head Office settled in McLean, Virginia, with all its activities operated primarily around the United States. The Bank has developed a reputation for being a technology-based organization and is listed among the largest companies in the United States.
In 1988, Mr. Richard Fairbank and Mr. Nigel Morris established the Capital One Group, with the help of Richmond, a Virginia-based Signet Bank. Mr. Fairbank was chosen as the organization’s CEO on 27th July 1994, after the Oak Stone Financial Company was turned off from Signet Financial Corporation. Afterward, Oak Stone Financial has subsequently renamed Capital One in the year 1994, and the derivation was finished in February 1995. After signing up over 5,000,000 (five million) clients, the new credit card organization was listed among the top 10 Credit Card issuers within the United States. Capital One operated as a monoline business, accumulating its entire revenue generation only from the Credit Card business. The company succeeded in the credit card business despite operating as a monoline system because it utilized the information collection protocol to target customized offers straightforwardly to the customers.
Presently, the Capital One Bank operates 755 branches along with 30 cafeterias and 2,000 ATMs. The organization is positioned at 97th rank on the Fortune 500 companies listing, ranked at 17th for the Best Companies to Work For countdown on the Fortune’s 100 listings, and operates business in the countries like the United Kingdom, United States, and Canada. During the year 1990s, the organization was the pioneer of the Credit Card business. By the year 2016, it was among the 5th biggest Credit Card approver & distributor by client’s base after the companies like American Express, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, and Citigroup. Additionally, along with 5% of the total market share, Capital One Bank is the 2nd biggest automobile financing organization in the United States, after Ally Financial.
The organization’s three divisions are commercial banking, credit cards, and consumer banking. As the data 4th quarter data of 2018, 75% of the Capital One Bank’s incomes were from Credit Card business, 14% were from Customer Banking, and 11% were from the Business Banking sector. Capital One Bank has consistently listed as probably the best for their working environment and listed in the multiple Glass Doors ranking for Best Places to Work for Reports. In the year 2020, Fortune Magazine listed Capital One at 24th place on their Fortune List among the Top 100 Companies to Work For, depending on a survey report of employee’s satisfaction, and the company upgraded itself to the 9th position in the list in 2021 countdown.
How to Activate a Capital One Credit Card:
To Activate a Capital One Credit Card, follow the underneath steps:
- First, move on to the main official website of Capital One.
- You can also click on the link given at www.capitalone.com.
- On the home page of the site, select and tap on the “Credit Cards”
- Here on a new window, you will find the link “Activate Credit Card”, tap on it, or directly go to the capitalone.com/activate page.
- Now on a newly referred page, you will find 2 (two) options for activation “Sign In & Activate” and “Enroll & Activate”.
- Just choose the option suitable for you, if you already have an Online Account then tap on “Sign In & Activate”, and in case if you are a new customer then get enrolled first by tapping on the “Enroll & Activate” and follow the on-screen prompts.
Please Note: Please keep your Capital One Credit Card near you, the 3-Digit Security Code printed on the card will be required for Activation.
A Guideline for – Activation through Phone:
Alternatively, utilizing your enlisted telephone number, you can also activate your Capital One Credit Card, just by calling the bank’s Customer Care Services automated telephonic framework at 1 – 800 – 227 – 4825 and adhere to the guidelines to finish your activation process.
How to Log In or Sign In for the Capital One Credit Card:
To get Log In or Sign in to the Capital One Credit Card online account, you have to go to the authoritative website of the company first at capitalone.com/activate. Then on the landing page of the site, you will have to enter your “User Name” & “Password” on the given field, and tap on the “Sign In” button to access your online account.
A Guideline for – How to Apply for Capital One Credit Card:
To Apply for the Capital One Credit Card you need to follow the below steps:
- Visit the main website of Capital One Bank.
- On the home page choose the “Credit Cards” option, on the navigation bar above.
- Then under the “Types of Credit Cards” heading, select your card under various heads as per your need.
- You will be flipped to a new webpage.
- Now on the main Credit Card page, you will find the detailed features of your chosen card and can “Apply”
A Guideline for – How to Change or Reset Forgot Username or Password for the Capital One Credit Card:
On the home page of the website, you can find the “Forgot Username or Password” option, above the page. After clicking on the option on the next page, enter your Last Name, Social Security Number (SSN), Date of Birth (DOB) (MM / DD/ YYYY), etc and now press the “Find Me” button below & follow the on-screen guidelines.
Various Credits Cards offered by the Capital One Bank:
There are various Credit Cards are offered by the Capital One Bank, some of them are briefly discussed underneath:
Capital One Bank – Credit Cards to Build Credit:
Under this category, The Capital One Bank is providing 4 (four) types of Credit Cards:
- The Platinum Master Card
- The Quicksilver One Rewards
- The Journey Students Rewards
- And, The Secured Master Card
Also Read: Macy’s Card Account Login
Features and Advantages (Applicable for all Credit Cards to Build Credit):
- On your regular purchases, earn an unlimited 1% to 1.5% Cash Back Reward.
- By paying your dues on or before time, you can boost your Cash Back up to 1.25%.
- Personalized E-mail or text message reminders can be set up to self help yourself to manage your accounts properly.
- The facility of an Auto Pay for your account can be set up to make payments of your bills automatically each month.
Rates and Interests (Applicable for all Credit Cards to Build Credit):
- For utilizing these Capital One Credit Cards to Build Credit you can be charged from $0 to $39 for Annual Fees.
- On your purchases, an Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 26.99% (variable) can be charged.
Capital One – Business Rewards Credit Cards:
Under this category The Capital One Bank is offering 5 (five) types of Credit Cards:
- The Spark 2% Cash
- The Spark 2X Miles
- The Spark 1.5% Cash Select
- The Spark 1.5X Miles Select
- And, The Spark 1% Classic
Features and Advantages (Applicable for all Business Rewards Credit Cards):
- Within the first 3 (three) months from your account opening, after you spend $3,000 to $4,500, you can get a Cash Bonus Reward of $200 to $500.
- Additionally, within the first 3 (three) months, earn a bonus of Miles Points of 20,000 to 50,000, once you spend $3,000 to $4,500 using these cards.
- On your daily purchase utilizing these cards, earn unlimited 1% to 2% Cash Back, without an expiry date or minimum purchases.
- Take the advantage of earning 1.5X to 2X unlimited Miles Rewards Points on your purchase, without an expiry date or minimum purchases.
Rates and Interests (Applicable for all Business Rewards Credit Cards):
- As an Annual fee, get an introductory $0 (no fee) for the first year and afterward pay $95 using these cards.
- Avail of the advantages of a welcome offer of 0% (no fee) APR on your purchases, within the first 9 (nine) months from your account opening date, on some cards.
- On your purchases pay a variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 13.99% to 23.99%.
- Get the benefit of free Employee Cards with spending limits, on these cards.
- There are no charges ($0) for the foreign transaction, utilizing these cards.
Capital One Bank – Unlimited Cash Back Credit Cards:
The Capital One Bank is providing 6 (six) types of a credit card, under Unlimited Cash Back Cards, divided into 2 (two) main categories:
Savor & Savor One Rewards Credit Card:
- Savor Rewards
- Savor One Rewards
- Savor One Reward for Good Credit
Quick Silver & Quick Silver One Rewards Credit Card:
- Quick Silver One Rewards
- Quick Silver Rewards for Good Credit
- Quick Silver Rewards
Features and Advantages (Applicable for all Unlimited Cash Back Credit Cards):
- Earn up to 2% on daily purchases on Grocery Stores (except the superstores like Wal-Mart and Target), 3% – 4% Cash Back on Dining and Entertainment, and 1% on other transactions.
- When you spend $500 to $3,000 on your transactions, earn $250 to $300 a one-time Cash Bonus within the first 3 (three) months from your account opening.
- While purchasing your traveling fare utilizing these Cash Back Credit Cards, get Insurance Coverage, at no extra cost for an Emergency Travel Accident.
- At no cost on eligible products purchased get additional Warranty Protection, using these Cash Back Credit Cards.
- For purchasing outside of the United States, no need to pay any transaction fee ($0).
- Avail of the advantages of getting (24 X 7) Travel Assistance Services such as Cash Advances & Emergency Card Replacement, if your card is lost or stolen during the travel period.
- Enjoy the benefit of comprehensive, personalized assistance in Travel, Dining, and Entertainment (24 X 7), and 365 days a year along with these Credit Cards.
- Get the facility of a push notification, on every new purchase made, enjoy your shopping with your rewards and redeem your rewards on your PayPal account.
Rates and Interests (Applicable for all Unlimited Cash Back Credit Cards):
- For utilizing these Cash Back Cards, you can be charged with an Annual Fee from $0 to $95.
- Pay a variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on your purchases from 15.99% to 26.99%.
- For your Transfer of Balances, a variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is charged from 15.99% to 26.99% for using Cash Back Cards.
- There are No Fees ($0) for the Transfer of Balances on these cards.
Mail General Correspondence:
Attn: General Correspondence
P.O. Box 30285
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0287
Investigate a Misapplied Payment:
Attn: Payment Investigations
P.O. Box 30287
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0287
Dispute a Credit Card Charge:
P.O. Box 30279
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0279
Report Suspected Credit Card Fraud:
P.O. Box 30277
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0277
Credit Card and Line of Credit General Correspondence:
Attn: General Correspondence
P.O. Box 30285
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0285
Customer Care Service (Call): 1 -800 -227 -4825 (For servicing of existing accounts only)
Outside the U.S., Call Collect (Call): 1 -804 -934 -2001
Online Banking Support (Call): 1 -866 -750 -0873
Fraud Protection (Call): 1 -800 -427 -9428 or 1 -800 -239 -7054
International Collect Calls to Report a Lost or Stolen card (Call): 1 -804 -934 -2001
To Report Death of a Cardholder (Call): 1 -877 -357 -5659
Small Business Credit Card (Call): 1 -800 -867 -0904